Re: [TenTec] [orion565] Orion II won't transmit or receive

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [orion565] Orion II won't transmit or receive
From: "Ron Tate" <rhtate@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:13:53 -0500
Gentleman,

I had decided two months ago to replace the aging FT-1000D with the Orion 2.
I  consulted with a very knowledgeable friend who has tried everything.  He
bought the Orion and returned it within the 30 day grace period.  I want go
into his reasons, but he advised me to go with the IC-756PROIII.  I took his
advice.  Have never had a Icom, but have nursed this ageing FT-1000D along
since it was "king of the mountain"  Now the Orion is, but after reading all
the comments about firmware upgrades, and problems like these, I think I
made the right decision.

I like the Icom performance, but still find myself tuning up the FT-1000D.
I guess familiarity in your old age overcomes that tenth of a db in
improvement.  I love Ten-Tec equipment and their service.  I have the 425,
422, 253, and the 238.

Just a note from an old geezer...no flames please.

Ron,  K4AUW since 1954