Re: [TenTec] proper caps for Omni V?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] proper caps for Omni V?
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:45:34 -0500
Dr. Gerald N. Johnson writes...

> The high temperature, low esr electrolytics are
> a pretty good capacitors and can degrade a lot more than the cheap
> commodity miniature electrolytics and still be better than the cheap
> capacitors were when new.

I'm bringing this thread back for a related question. I see that
Mouser offers kits of capacitors, but not in the low-ESR, high-temp
categories. My parts bin includes only cheap caps from RS, likely no
better than what might be in the radio. If I wanted to recap my Omni
V, is there an available assortment of low-ESR, high-temp caps that
should cover most possibilities, or will I have to go through and ID
the caps one-by-one?

Rick, KR9D