Re: [TenTec] Cleaning an Argonaut 509

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cleaning an Argonaut 509
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:15:30 -0700
I'd disassemble the knobs,  take the case apart, then clean the parts
with Simple Green and paper towels / Q tips.  Simple Green seems to be
easy on paint and other surfaces, watch out for the harsher cleaners,
they can do damage.  A good ol' radio, used to be my mainstay.

Clark
WA3JPG

On Apr 8, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Bill Ames wrote:

> I have a 509 which has been sitting unused for many years and has
> gotten a
> layer of dirt, sort of like aged dust. It is otherwise like new, just
> needs
> to be cleaned. Can anyone suggest the best method to do so?
>

> Bill
>
> KB1LG

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science