Re: [TenTec] CW filters Omni-C

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW filters Omni-C
From: Richard Detweiler <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:52:27 -0500
Keep an eye on the list.  they show up all the time.

The filter for the OMNI-ABC series is the same as the filters for the Orion I,

For me,  the OMNI did great with the 500hz filter for CW and 1.8 for SSB.  I
wouldn't use anything else due to the attenuations..

Best WishesRichard K5SF谢谢  理查> From: mjloewensteijn@hotmail.com> To:
tentec@contesting.com> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:17:58 +0000> Subject: [TenTec]
CW filters Omni-C> > > Recognizing a wealth of expertise on this mailing list I
like to invite your input on something that has kept me occupied for the past
few days.> > I like to add a CW filter to my Omni-C. TenTec has sold out of the
217 (500 Hz) and still has the 218 (1.8 kHz) and 219 (250hz). In planning is a
replacement manufactured by Inrad.> > The consensus seems to be that the 500 Hz
is more frequently used than the 250 Hz.> > Have been looking at a few
alternative options from Inrad, the 8 pole 1000 Hz #766, the 8 pole 400 hz #
759 and the 4 pole 600 Hz #763. Looking at the curves on the old Inrad website
I see that the 1000 Hz filter has approx 4dB insertion loss, the 400 Hz approx
9 dB and the 600 Hz about 2.5 dB. > > The Omni-C has a filter board that can
take the 1.8 khz and the 500 Hz filter. This board has an amplifier to offset
the filter losses. The 1.8 kHz filter position has a 1 dB amplification and the
500 Hz filter position has a 7 dB amplification.> > (The 250 Hz filter has an
approx 14 dB loss)> > I am thinking about using the 4 pole 600 Hz filter: I
feel it will provide better IMD / dynamic range performance because it can go
in the 1.8 kHz slot. This should go well with the 500 Hz audio filter which is
built in.> > Am I missing something / have an error in my reasoning?> > Many
thanks, 73, Marinus, ZL2ML> > > > > > >