Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:18:01 -0400
Bob Close writes...

> Trombone players exhibit stronger parallels to CB operators--they tend to
> use "sliders" to change frequency.  :)  Now, trumpet players....they are
> old-school, since they use three valves.  I wonder where a harmonica player
> fits in the picture.  Probably solid state, since they make music via motion
> of airflow over holes. as opposed to electron movement........oh, shut up.
> :)

A trumpet is a partial trombone. To make those three valves work, you
have to push the first and third valve slides in and out to correct
all the errors of having only three valves.

My F tubas have five valves and those are still not enough to play in
tune through the whole lower register. The trumpet section in my band,
though, has never seemed all that concerned about playing in tune.

Okay, that's about as much trouble as I can get myself into for one
day.

(When studying for the Extra exam, all the questions about impedance
and antenna resonance became routinely simple once I turned the
antenna into a bugle in my head. After acing the exam, one of the VE's
commented that I must have a strong electronics background. I do have
some professional experience with wireless communications, but I
answered, "No, I'm a tuba player." He's probably still wondering what
that means.)

Rick, KR9D