Re: [TenTec] K3 information

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K3 information
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Barry,

>>> How did TT "buckle under" as a result of Yuri's
criticism?  I remember the criticism well and Yuri
taking offense at his cold reception, but I'm hazy on
what ensued in terms of Ten-Tec "buckling under". <<<

yqj: His pet idea, which had become a major topic on
the reflector was eventually adopted by those in the
company that didn't favor the idea at first - being
diplomatic here, it's all in the archives.

And Yuri's slovic zeal was a real treat - oh the days.
;-)

> I have more than one documented issue "on that
list",
> which IMO will never happen. That's disappointing,
> but it's smart how they handle it.

What do you mean that Ten-Tec handles reported issues
in a smart way?

yqj: Referring to Elecraft here as being smart, they
will state in public that your idea has value - "it's
on the list", whether or not it's an actual priority.

c u

Don

: [TenTec] K3 information
from [Barry N1EU] [Permanent Link][Original]

I appreciate your comments Don, but in an effort to
fully understand them I would appreciate a little
clarification:

> So he broke camp, even though Ten Tec had buckled
under to his persistence.

How did TT "buckle under" as a result of Yuri's
criticism?  I remember the criticism well and Yuri
taking offense at his cold reception, but I'm hazy on
what ensued in terms of Ten-Tec "buckling under".

> I have more than one documented issue "on that
list",
> which IMO will never happen. That's disappointing,
> but it's smart how they handle it.

What do you mean that Ten-Tec handles reported issues
in a smart way?

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU