Re: [TenTec] band conditions??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band conditions??
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
Read through all the threads.

One person on here suggested to reclamp the line.  I had a neighbor had the
lights blinking, the whole house as a matter of fact.  They just finished re
doing the power trasformers and lines in the area.  On a Friday on of the power
company employees complained that he did not have the right clamping die to
crimp the line, the other guy said to use a different one, he did.  I heard
them talk cause they were yelling form one truck to the next.  Any ways 2 years
later the neighbor had the problem as I mentioned.  He complained several times
and was asking me what to check so I helped him.  As it turned out the power
company finally came over when the power was off and found that the wire was
crimped with the wrong die. Go figure!

I had them out another time to help with white noise.  I found out that those
new stop light replacements are LEDs.  They generate lots of noise.  Nothing
they can do about it.  You Think?

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD