Re: [TenTec] band conditions??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band conditions??
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:35:55 -0700 (PDT)
The portable AM Radio.
Once you located what pole has the problem switch to FM re-walk the lines see
if the noise is still there and determine again what pole it is comming from.
Maybe switch to 220MHZ and repeat.

This is what the power company does when they do the job right.  They keep
going higher in frequency to pin point the problem.  Once you think you located
it. Call the power company make sure they make a work request or complaint
number or what ever they call it.  Make sure you you get that number because
you will have to refer to it incase no one follows up.

Have them check the tightness of the ground clamps on the ground rod next to
the pole.  I found my telephone pole had the ground lug almost off and was very
loose, neighbors were complaining from being hit by lightning before I had any
antennas or a tower up.  I had the power company fix it.  I check it every year
now.  Now there are 2 ground rods.  One for the power company and One for cable
TV.

With a 16 pound sleg hammer some times you tap the pole you rattle your loose
ground.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD