Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:53:09 +0100
I guess it all depends on what you mean by "the antenna" - does it or
doesn't it include the impedance matching components?

My personal view is that if you talk about a "tuner" you are talking
about something separate from the antenna, so I am with Ken N6KB on this
- a tuner cannot change the inherent impedance of the antenna. On the
other hand, impedance transformation devices I *would *consider part of
the antenna would be a "capacity hat" or the "folding" of a folded
dipole. Of course there will be grey areas - for example is a Beta Match
part of the antenna or part of the antenna system?

73,
Steve G3TXQ