Re: [TenTec] New Rig....Turned around?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig....Turned around?
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:02:22 +0100
Jeff,

I'm a casual operator rather than a serious DXer or Contester. Yep,
there's some element of nostalgia in my affection for my CorsiarII - it
was the first new rig I ever owned - but, sentiment aside, this is what
I prefer about it:

1) The Receive audio quality
2) Ease of servicing
3) With the remote VFO I can listen to both sides of a "split" operation
simultaneously.
4) It doesn't have the "birdies" I still get on the Omni VI despite lots
of work to eradicate them.
5) AGC characteristics.

I realise some of these are very subjective preferences. On all other
aspects the Omni VI probably wins.

73,
Steve G3TXQ