Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:44:11 -0700
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:49:47 -0400, JDP wrote:

>I already own a Jupiter as my second station as my Yaesu FT-1000MP
>MKV is my primary station.

All of the rigs you mention are nice radios. I own two MPs, an Omni
V, a K2/100, and a TS850, and recently added a K3 to my shack. All
are pretty loaded with filters, the MPs also have roofers and the
click mod. I like all of these radios, but the K3/100 is the nicest
radio I own. I'm primarly a CW op, but will work SSB and RTTY for
contesting.

If you chase DX, the nicest feature of the MP is the second RX in
your other ear. To get that with the K3, you'll need to buy the
second RX. That will exceed your budget.

BTW -- the K2/100, one of the MPs, and the 850 are for sale.

73,

Jim K9YC