[Orion] FS - Top Ten Devices Band Decoder for Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] FS - Top Ten Devices Band Decoder for Orion
From: "Jim N7US" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 20:19:15 -0500
I sold my Orion a couple of years ago but still have the Top Ten Devices
Band Decoder.  It was originally a Yaesu band decoder with the source driver
option, and I added the $35 Orion mod kit and bought a $30 Orion cable for
it.  It works fine (was checked out by N2RD of Top Ten Devices since I don't
have the Orion).  I still have the couple of parts removed in the
conversion, in case you want to convert it back to a Yaesu,

I used it with a DX Engineering remote antenna switch on the tower. Changing
bands on the radio changes the antenna switch automatically.

Top Ten Devices no longer sells the Orion or the Yaesu-to-Orion mod kit.  My
cost was $155 for the unit, $35 for the mod kit, and $30 for the cable, for
a total of $220.  I'd like to sell the package for $175 plus shipping from
near Chicago.

The Top Ten Devices web site is http://www.qth.com/topten/bdecoder.htm.

Jim N7US