Re: [TenTec] FS - Top Ten Devices Band Decoder for Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS - Top Ten Devices Band Decoder for Orion
From: "Dick Williams" <k8ztt@mho.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:36:30 -0600
Yaesu radios have output the band information in a BCD format (I believe)
that is not very useful until it is decoded to indivdual outputs for each
band.

The TT decoder does just that,  giving you the option of either +12 Volts or
open colector to open/close individual relays for each band. I.E.  You swith
to 40 mtr for instance, you have +12 V (or will ground the low side of a
relay that has 12V on the coil).

The Orion I and II both decode the band information and it is available on
the "band data connector" for each band; thus negating the need for a band
data decoder.

Dick K8ZTT