Re: [TenTec] 229A Tuner question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 229A Tuner question
From: David Cuttler <davidcuttler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone regarding the 12V power for my 229A tuner. I picked up a
switch to go between the wall wart and the 110 V Power strip. I then made an
adaptor to go to the RCA plug, and all is well.

An additional bonus while using the 229A tuner is a reduction in interference
upstairs in my wife’s computer. We live in a house that is almost 100 rears
old, and a good amount of the house does not have a third prong ground. My shop
where the radios are does, but my wife’s computer is ungrounded, and in a room
that is very near the apex of my antenna hanging from the eaves of the roof.
Even while operating QRP, it would bleed into her computer. This was while
using a new Palstar AT1KP tuner. The other night I was operating on 40 meters
for about an hour with my OHR500 QRP rig, and no problem. I think it is the
better job the 229A is doing to suppress interference. Later I will try it on
higher power with my Corsair II.

I just listed my Palstar tuner on QTH.com.

David – KE6YX