[TenTec] Trade FT-1000MP MKV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Trade FT-1000MP MKV
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:01:24 -0500
I have only owned one TenTec and it was an OmniD for a short time not a bad rig
either in fact I loved the sound of the CW it
offered, as a result, I have for some time been considering trading my
FT-1000MP MKV for a TenTec rig, since I like CW operation and
have heard the reports of how the TenTec is the way to go for CW.

I like Dxing mostly, but some contesting is in the mix as well. Dont want to
give up Computer Control or Digital Modes either.

I have been floundering about on a trade due to my love for the FT-1000MP MKV
and the contacts it has brought to me since I have had
it have been fantastic.

Has anyone here had an FT-1000MP MKV who has traded it for a TenTec and if so
can you give the group some discussion on whether you
would do it again and why.

Also, which of the TenTecs would offer me the same features of the FT-1000MP
MKV (short of the 200W) I realize I would be loosing
that and is one of the reasons along with precise filtering and sensitivity,
that  I have been floundering on a trade.

I was thinking of an Omni VII.

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET