Re: [TenTec] ten tec orion receiver opinions -

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ten tec orion receiver opinions -
From: "Bill Miner" <wg6h@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:05:47 -0800
John,

The ORION ham-band-only receiver has great dynamic range and sensitivity
with many roofing filter options and DSP for selectivity.

The second (general coverage) receiver has good performance on HF.  MW
performance is fair and LW  (below 500 Khz) is poor.

I too have fun with MW and LW dxing but use a different receiver for those
bands.

73,  Bill