[TenTec] Why Should I buy a Jupiter?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Why Should I buy a Jupiter?
From: Jeff <n3jbh@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:02:23 -0800 (PST)
To reiterate on the comment made buy WO8L about the selectivity part of the
Jupiter.
I will state it was that exact reason why I gave up on my Jupiter and sold it.
While I am not a contester I do enjoy dxʼing and it was the fact that the
Jupiter could not stand up in a close in signal environment that forced me to
sell it, well that and the useless noise blanker.

I picked up an Omni 6 Opt-3 and it just blows the Jupiter away in both noise
blanker and selectivity. I will add it is much more sensitive as well. Sure I
gave up the awesome sound the Jupiter had on receive and lost 60 meterʼs and
general coverage receive/
Neither of them was real important to me.

If you want a rag chew type radio and are not worried about working the rare
and weak station.  Or you are the type a person that really enjoys the great
audio sound the Jupiter might be great radio. But if you need a great receiver
I highly suggest you look in to other radios.   N3JBH