Re: [TenTec] OT: Strange CW on 80m

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Strange CW on 80m
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:59:44 -0800
Interesting stuff.  "Dah-dah-dah-dah" is the Cyrillic 'square O', one of
four extra characters the Ruskies use.  Generally, they send in either
5-letter groups, 5-number groups, or 5-'cut number' (like n for 9, a for 1,
etc.) groups.  Mixing letters and numbers is unusual.  They also usually
operate 'split', as we would call it, but the transmit and receive
frequencies are often very far apart.

         Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com