Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 Bias Circuit Solved

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 Bias Circuit Solved
From: K0BX <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 02:00:42 +0000
Jack, I don't know how you got those numbers either?  Maybe you
transpose something/

See below,  but your SN would mean May 1993, 1st production run and the
5th one produced.  That is if I read the information below correctly?
But thanks to everyone for the help.

Joe K0BX

Serial Number Information
Position Meaning
Digits Pre-1992:
BEFORE Week or month of manufacture, either correct or reversed depending
the letter on model and year. "72" could be either 27th week or 2nd
month (ignore the 7.)
Post-1992:
Month of manufacture. Could be represented as single digit
NOTE:
Dates indicate when the radio was scheduled to be manufactured,
not when it actually was ... the actual date of manufacture could be one
or two months
later.
Letter Separator. "C" from 2000 on. "A", "B" or "H" before.
First digit AFTER Production run number within the month (or week in
early SN's)
Next three digits Sequence number within the production run.
Last digit Last digit of year of manufacture.
So that .. 12C10480
: Scheduled to be manufactured December 2000, Run 1, #048, but may have
been built a
. month or two later.