Re: [TenTec] Doorknobs needed - Was: Ig drift on amps

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Doorknobs needed - Was: Ig drift on amps
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:46:35 -0800
Gary:  Do a search on e-bay for "doorknob capacitors" and you'll two pages
of 'em!  The 16 kV Russian military caps are what I used in my TT 238 tuner
mod, and they seem to be every bit as good as their US equivalents.   The
seller claims they were used in 12 kW antenna tuners and have 30 MHz current
rating of 15 Amps.  At 5 for $19.50 you can't go wrong!

         Ron  N6IE
      www.N6IE.com