[TenTec] 2.041 updating problem...need help

To: Ten Tec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.041 updating problem...need help
From: "M. Todd Miskel" <foamhand@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:14:49 -0700
Hi all, I have been trying for an hour and a half to get my OrionII to take the
new program but the radio never shows the lines of code it's receiving, It just
shows the Flash memory mode screen / press any key to exit. Meanwhile, The
computer is showing that it's talking to the radio VERY SLOWLY...like 10 to 20
lines of code every 5 minutes. but the radio shows nothing. I am using a Rat
Shack USB to Serial adaptor and have installed all pertinet firmware. I have 3
USB ports on my laptop with 2 already occupied with a mouse and audio setup, so
I selected COM3 in the program. If I select any other COM the warning that
communication with the radio has failed etc. Any suggestions of where i'm going
wrong? 73, Todd - KT0DD