Re: [TenTec] Orion II - 2.041 XL is Posted

To: "Mike Schatzberg " <wow_chf@hotmail.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II - 2.041 XL is Posted
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:33 -0800
I found the same thing regarding driving the ALC...you need to push it to
get the best performance.  Yes, it would be better to have some metering,
but I would rather look at the ALC level on a meter rather then mic preamp
level.  My setup feeds audio into the AUX input after processing by the EQ
Plus, an Aphex 320 Compellor and Aphex 720 Dominator II.  The mic input on
the OII also has a hardware compressor built into the preamp chip which is
the same chip used in the EQ Plus.

         Ron  N6IE
      www.N6IE.com