[TenTec] New Firmware

To: "TenTec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Firmware
From: "Wayne Whitman" <wwhitman@fastmail.fm>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:35:18 -0600
After reading about all of the problems, I think that I'll just sit this
one out.  I'm not a waterfall user anyway.

Now I know why I bought a Flex 5000A.  Bugs are fixed within hours, or a
day or two at the most in my experience.  Company president, tech
support, and chief software developer regularly monitor and contribute
to the reflector.  I have had the Flex for 4 months and the Orion II for
over a year.  Under all circumstances I have tried, the Flex equals or
outperforms the Orion II.  It's just a lot more flexible (no pun
intended) when it comes to operation, plus the filtering is nothing
short of amazing, and I can get a digital program, a logging program,
and a dx spotting program all working on CAT at once.  Being able to
accurately 'see' the pileup on dx and the stations responding on what
frequency is amazing.  Just point and click to go the last responder's
frequency.
There is absolutely no comparison to the Orion II display.  Plus the
majority of the code is open source so you can even pick from different
versions, or contribute yourself, or make your own.

Don't think I'm bashing TT here.  I have been a loyal TT customer,
purchasing three new transceivers in the last three years.
I'm just a convert to what is for me a better rig with much better
support.

Orion II may just be up for sale soon.  I'm thinking about it.

73,
Wayne
K4ELO