Re: [TenTec] What sort of bandwidth do you like?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What sort of bandwidth do you like?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:24:53 -0500
I don't mess with the RX EQ.  Basically it's a very broad shelving type
design.  Less than effective for any purpose in my opinion.  If you like
"hi-fi" audio, then best look at the type speaker used, it's placement in
the room or on the desk.  I find that communications type speakers actually
do a much better job than the typical "hi-fi" speakers.  After all, we are
usually listening to spoken voice and CW sounds.  Pretty narrow range stuff
so why have a speaker that goes down to 50Hz or up to 15 KHz.  Outside of
the voice and CW range there's little information coming out of the receiver
and likely only aggravating noise.

Better results are obtained with the BW and PBT settings.

73
Bob K4TAX