Re: [TenTec] Corsair II buzz

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II buzz
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:50:18 -0400
Hmmm....in our neighborhood we certainly have nothing remotely like a 240 v
delta system serving residences, being center tapped and all as mentioned
below.

What we have are moderately high voltage lines - on my street they are at
like 3400 volts, phase to phase.  While three phases are available, only two
are run down my street, because that is all they need for our low power use.

Local transformers, that service a couple of houses each, pick off power
from these two primary phases, and produce a center tapped 240 V AC
secondary.

If there were a buzz around here, it sure would not be due to the source
described.