Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:20:18 -0700 (PDT)
Well Gary guess you will have to dig deep into your pocket book and get 3 to 6
inch OD copper pipe about 12 ft long or so and go from there.  Where I live the
ground is moist at 8ft down in August when it is the driest, so I opted to
drill through the basement floor to drive  my 8 foot station rods in.  You have
to make your station ground as good or better than the electrical ground.

If you want your ground to be wet more dig a hole about 3 ft diameter dig down
about 15ft line the walls with that big city drain pipe and you have a shallow
well.  I will draw water towards the well and keep your station ground damp.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD