Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
Polyphaser systems on an aluminum plate?  Copper and aluminum and steel and
aluminum joints?   You gan create a diode if you do not use the right snake oil.

Tying a station ground directly to the same grounding POINT is not NFPA
approved.  I cannot remember the distance I believe 6 inches, need to look that
one up, could be as much as 3 feet.  NFPA wants them all at the same potential,
so attaching it to the same water pipe or bonding strap is acceptable but not
at the same point.  Power company around here follows the Green book as well,
and I do not have one of those.  The Green Book follows pole installations data
lines on the poles and grounding all with safe distant separations.

Just trying to help.  I thought the station ground was the issue not lightning
protection.  In accordance to NFPA it is treated the same and give ether
minimal or maximum limits.  A ground is a ground as far as they are concerned.
 Better installation, and better grounds,  larger and longer ground rods are
all ways recommended.  :-)
Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD