Re: [TenTec] Question on OMNI VI Filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question on OMNI VI Filters
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:24:41 -1000
Hi DW,

     I have three Omni VI Operator's Manuals. One came straight from
Ten-Tec and the others came from previous owners of Omni VIs I now own.
Every one of the manuals is put together as if it is for a version 1
Omni VI, and then addendum pages are added. The addendum pages in the
manual I got straight from Ten-Tec are in the middle of section 3. The
schematics for the old versions of the 9 MHz IF and the 6.3 MHz IF are
still in the manual in section 4. Even though that can be confusing at
times, it is just as well that the old schematics are still there,
because they are much clearer prints than the ones in the addendum
pages. I always look at the older version schematics to understand
general concepts, because they are easier for me to read, and look at
the addendum schematics for more specific details. It might be better to
distribute the addendum pages into the sections they refer to. That
would require making a copy, because one sheet has a section 1 page on
one side and a section 4 page on the reverse side.

DE N6KB