Re: [TenTec] Orion-1 problem

To: "bill ogden" <billogden@optonline.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion-1 problem
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:33:43 -0700
Bill: If I had to take a guess, I would be looking at the roofing filters.
They are in the RX chain, but after the point where the sweep takes its
signal.  Everything appears to be fine up to that point.  Check over the
entire range of bandwidths to see if it's a single filter.  If it's bad at
all bandwidths, then the problem could be in the A5 board, perhaps FL5 or
FL1 or any circuits associated with them.  It could also be in the A7 logic
board, but I would tend to discount that if the transmit works OK.

           Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com