Re: [TenTec] Centaur

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur
From: "David & Chris Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:56:10 -0400
James,
My previous amp was a Centaur.  Very nice little amp, except for a loud fan.
I never had the problem you are discussing.  I did use the QSK cabling to
the TT rig via the TN and EN jacks on the back of the radio.

Aside from your noise issue, these amps should have had 572b's in them
instead of 811's.  Also, a good pabst fan running a bit slower is a popular
mod.  The 572's are a drop in replacement.  The four wimpy toggle switches
on the front panel are also a common replacement headache.

If you are still having trouble, suggest you call TT service.

David
Wd9cmd