Re: [TenTec] OT (that is Off Topic and Old Timers) BC-610

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT (that is Off Topic and Old Timers) BC-610
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:39:17 -1000
>  superseded after the Korean War by the similarly-powered Barker &
> Williamson T368 (Eimac 4-250 tetrode in final amp).
And a pair of 4-125 in push pull to modulate the 4-250.
>  It was fully band-switched 80 thru 10 meters.
Probably 2-30 MHz.

It also had a built-in VFO (I think they called it a "MO" master
oscillator), which was a Collins type (perhaps Collins manufactured) PTO.

There was also an amplifier often paired with the T-368 (and perhaps
earlier with the BC-610) which used a pair of 833s in push pull, with
plug-in tank coils, not band switched. (maybe it had a band switched
input circuit, but not the output) The MARS station I hung around had
these. I wonder if anyone following this thread happens to know what
that piece of equipment was called?

At the MARS station they used R-390s and T-368 for RTTY service. I don't
know if the pair of 833 could be operated as a linear amp, with the
T-368 in AM, or if it could only be used for CW and FSK.

As far as I know at that MARS station the only fone ops were done with a
KWM2A and 30S1. The T-368 were used exclusively for RTTY.

DE N6KB