Re: [TenTec] humm

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] humm
From: "Richards " <JRUING@AMERITECH.NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:57:00 -0500
Hi Jim -- I am fascinated by you comments because
I believe they are accurate.    And, yet, TenTec told
me not to daisy chain the chassis grounds together
and their 963 power supply has no ground lug at all.
AND... my station has no humm, or other adverse
audio issues.

So...   are these things all bonded to their respective
chassis internally already... or is the daisy chain
ground lug theory something else... or what?  Other
than some lightning protection on the antennas, I have
no other ground other than the third prong on the power
cords.

(I do pay attention to how I wire up the microphones...
and have no problems with that... but I must confess
I am STILL trying to understand all the nuances of that
"pin 1 problem"  you audio engineers keep harping on.)

In this regard, I recall a nice discussion with Bob K4TAX
about grounding the power supply - and I believe that
discussion overlaps this one - and we then discussed
how TenTec gave me different advice (not trying to
rehash it... just referring to it.)

Oh, well,   maybe ANOTHER read of all those reference
articles will clue me in.

Not bonding the negative terminal to the chassis creates a