Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:20:09 -0500
As always Sinisa, you are correct.
Nice to hear from you again!

The one place I have seen a difference is when trying to tune a linear.
While varying the power on any Ten-Tec, and tuning the amp, it simply varies
the output power of the amp.
I've had JA makes that seemed to jump around, like they would suddenly
reduce power.
Then I wasn't sure if the input power had dropped or if it was the settings
of the amp causing the change.

In any case I preferred the way the Ten-Tec tuned.

Now something to think about.
If I run 100w on the Ten-Tec and 40 watts are reflected, then as you say,
the amp or antenna receive 60w.
If my non TT rig reduces the power to 60w, due to high SWR, it is putting
out 60W but it is only driving the load with about 40w.
Or is my thinking wrong?

73
Rick