Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Status Update April 23

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Status Update April 23
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:40:31 -0500
I think with the dsp doing detection and filtering that there should be
two independent AGC loops. One in hardware to keep from overloading the
A/D converter input, and a second at audio to keep the audio level
constant. The second one should be after the notch, so that a notched
strong signal doesn't control the audio output, just the signals getting
to the speaker or cans should be controlling.

Sounds like the fine resolution tuning knob works badly for memory
selection and the raw binary data should be right shifted several bits
to drastically reduce its resolution when switching memories. One line
of code in the assembler program, maybe two depending on the processor.

73, Jerry, K0CQ