Re: [TenTec] Delta 580 for Young Ham

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta 580 for Young Ham
From: Darrell Bellerive <drbellerive.va7to@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:45:39 -0700
Thanks for all the great replies! This list is indeed a great resource.

Here's what I have learned about the Delta 580:

The base radio came with only an SSB filter and crystals for 160, 80,
40, 20, 15, and 10 meters.

Options were:
Noise Blanker
Crystals for WARC bands, 30, 17, and 12 meters
Narrow SSB filter
CW filter: 500 or 250 Hz
Audio Filter(s)?

Accessories were:
Model 280 Power Supply
Model 283 External VFO
Model 214 or 705A microphone

Ten-Tec will still service this radio and its accessories.

A few more questions:
1) The front panel has a 4 position selectivity switch. I assume this
controls both the IF and audio filter selection. Can someone elaborate
on what each switch position does?

2) Was there more than one audio filter option or does one audio filter
option provide different bandwidths depending on the selectivity switch
position? If there is more than one audio filter option, how many
options can the 580 accommodate?

3) What are the Ten-Tec part numbers for the IF filters? Are they the
same as the filters for other Ten-Tec models or are they unique to the
Delta 580?

4) Is there an audio difference between the 214 and 705A microphones or
is it just a preference for the styling?

Thanks again es 73,
Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive