Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: "N4PY2" <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:28:55 -0400
Nobody that is at all serious about contesting uses a straight key.  I know
many contesters, many who are highly skilled at CW.  They all use keyers
with memories to send their CQ's and copy in their heads to get the QSO's.
All these people can easily copy CW at 40+ wpm in their heads.  The keyers
are just a mechanism to send the CW with.  It is almost impossible to send
CW at 20 wpm or higher with a straight key.  They do not use code readers.
Code readers are useless during typical QRM during a contest.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com