Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:12:09 -0500
It should be practical to fix a motor. If the bearings are bronze,
likely a drop of sewing machine oil will lubricate them. If ball
bearing, getting the oil in is more difficult. If ball bearings most are
common (metric) sizes and are available from places like Fastenall, Baum
Hydraulics, McMaster-Carr, and W.W. Grainger. For that matter a motor
rewinding shop should be able to supply and replace either bronze or
ball bearings. Likely its more cost effective to purchase a blower or
fan of similar ratings from W.W. Grainger. I presume the fan is a
centrifugal fan to get enough air to the tubes, but the 425 manual I
have on this computer doesn't get that detailed. That manual does
recommend opening the box regularly to vacuum out dust and lint. And its
conceivable that a build up of much lint has blocked the blower.

Have you asked TenTec parts if they have a spare fan?

73, Jerry, K0CQ