Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan
From: Ben Hall <kd5byb@kd5byb.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:06:30 -0500
Good evening all,

While I've never worked on nor even seen a Titan 425 fan, I have done a
lot of work on squirrel cage blowers.  One of the failure modes that I
have seen is that the original lubricant becomes sticky and gooey over
time, preventing the motor from spinning.  Another cause I've seen is
that dirt builds up so thick that it will keep the motor from turning.

Certainly, cleaning the motor of obvious dirt is the proper first step.
  If the lubricant has become sticky, they can be cleaned and re-lubricated.

thanks and 73,
ben, kd5byb

--
Ben Hall, kd5byb@kd5byb.net - ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED.