Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Fan
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:58:33 -0700
I think with enough sleuth work, you can find a replacement motor, but, the
fan unit, as supplied by TT, was disassembled at the factory and the motor
"floated" on grommets, which tend to get hard and brittle as they age, hence
the increased noise.  Of course, a worn bushing can get 'screechy' and need
replacing too.  The grommets are standard sized and can be purchased at
Radio Shack.  I changed out the ones in mine and it was a time-consuming
job!  IIRC I had to unsolder the filament voltage wires from the back
connector running to the power supply to remove the fan to work on it.
Getting the manifold back into the stick-on weather seal foam gasket was a
job, too.  The weather seal should probably be replaced while you're in
there.  Plan on spending at least a whole evening on the project...

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com