Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.] Sorta OT philo

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.] Sorta OT philosophy, or where does it get us?
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:16:53 -0700
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:46:29 -0500, Stuart Rohre wrote:

>The hoorah about RF on the outsde of  the coax is much less a problem
>now that we have gone to Digi TV and cable services for the most part.
>At least in respect to TVI.

Most RFI in today's world is NOT to TV receivers, but to AUDIO equipment
(including computers), and it is mostly the result of pin 1 problems. The
rest is lousy (or non-existent) shielding.

But RF off the feedline CAN be an important contributor to that.

For more, see http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73, Jim Brown K9YC