Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

To: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:35:16 -0500
There are 9 pages of rotary switches in the Mouser catalog that arrived
this morning. pages 1727 through 1735. A very suitable switch and box
could be had for a few bucks in a serial or parallel 1 to 4 switch box.

I used Collins packaged toroids in the first filter I built, and the
J.W. Miller chokes in the second one. While the Mouser catalog only
shows up to 100 mh, on line they show having 206 of the 220 mh in stock
and about 3200 of 100 mh from various vendors on hand.

RS has one similar but wrong transformer on line. MCM electronics has
the right one at a decent price:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-7120

220 mh and 320 mh takes a lot of toroid winding. I'd rather do that by
machine than by hand, though I have would a toroid or two that size by hand.

I might have bought the transformers at RS, but more likely from some
mail order catalog like Hosfelt. The transformer is commonly used in
commercial PA systems yet.

73, Jerry, K0CQ