Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:49:38 -0400
> I don't want to start a rhubarb over that here... just noting how
many operators want one, and how TT should be well aware of it.

The inclusion of the port is a no-brainer. It takes no R&D (yes, really),
nearly zero manufacturing effort, and essentially no added cost and yet, the
I.F. port provides panadpter performance and a second Rx at a level that far
exceeds the internal scope abilities of the O2 and Omni VII, even if the
latter had a real-time, continuous sweep.  It's a manufacturer's dream: a
huge performance and marketing feature for nothing and an opportunity to
beat-out the new TS-590 competition.

Paul, W9AC