[TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 15:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
I have a problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced
the same problem with an Omni VI. Since I bought this rig
from a fellow ham back in late Spring 2010, the rig will
occasionally loose all input control, the frequency goes to
14000, the mode goes from CW to Tune,I cannot transmit,there
is a steady tone (sometimes) but no plate current. This may
happen randomly once a month or every few weeks, Up until now
it would clear itself, or I could clear it with either a partial
or master reset. Not today though! I would call TT and pick
Paul's brain, but they are closed for the day. Any ideas out
there? Thanks
Roger Rippy W7RIP  Bozeman, Montana