Re: [TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz
From: Joe Roberts <jroberts@io.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 18:17:20 -0400
First thing I would do whenever one of the later Omnis I have owned did
something crazy is clean the power supply connectors thoroughly with
Deoxit.

I have seen some very strange phenomena due to dirty PS connectors and
what you describe is in the general line of my experiences, i.e. winding
up in some odd in-between mode of operation.

Anyway, it is free and it takes 5 minutes.

Next I would look at connectors on the boards. Unplug, clean, and reseat.

Beyond that see what TT has to say tomorrow.

Joe N5KAT