Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Meter lamps?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Meter lamps?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:22:11 -0700
  On 10/2/2010 7:28 PM, CSM(r) Gary Huber wrote:
> It seems to me there are several different lamp supply voltages depending
> upon the build date and the version of the 425 in question.
>
> I have 28 VDC replacements for my early Titan (S/N 425-00516) which was
> export model and I believe the lamps in my Titan 425E are in parallel.

That's right -- it depends on the vintage of the Titan 425.  All use two
bulbs, but some versions use two 12V-14V bulbs in series and others use
28V bulbs in parallel.  You'll need to open the amp up and look to see
which version you have.

BTW -- there are 425 schematics (about 95% complete) on my website as
pdf files. I've not drawn the details of the various resonant circuits
(which also vary with vintage).

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish.htm

73, Jim Brown K9YC