Re: [TenTec] 28.5 band segment on Omni D

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 28.5 band segment on Omni D
From: Ivin Flint <ivinflint@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
Nothing that I have heard.  I just like to have everything working.  I was
trying to listen for activity on the date October 10, 2010 as 10/10/10 and
hoped to hear something but never did.

I did get it to work, but it's still a little flaky.  I guess the crystal still
isn't making a very good connection into the socket.  I tried to re-clean the
crystal leads and socket several times but it still isn't 100% working solid.
*drives me crazy*.  The SWR meter also  lays dead quite a bit unless a strong
signal pops it back to life or I switch filtering which I guess is also related
to it receiving a signal stronger.  *THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY TOO*  neither of
which is probably just cause to send it in for repair though.

thanks for asking.
Ivin W9ILF