Re: [TenTec] now that the eagle has landed?

To: N4PY2 <n4py2@earthlink.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] now that the eagle has landed?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:41:13 -0400
Do you use headphones, or speakers, Carl ?

       (only half serious question...)

Does the fan run continuously, or only when the rig runs
hot or higher power output?

        (a serious question...)

My Omni VII makes no noise at all, (which I cannot say about
the TT Model 963 power supply fan, or my even louder Centurion
fan...)  If I run the Omni VII with a mambo sized linear power
supply - and barefoot, the shack has no noise other than what
comes from the audio output.  Can the Eagle run that way without
running the fan, or does it run all the time?

On 10/14/2010 10:59 PM, N4PY2 wrote:

> You almost cannot hear the fan at all.  I can only hear it
by turning the audio all the way down.