Re: [TenTec] Any hope for TenTec Scout module?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Any hope for TenTec Scout module?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:48:09 -0500
Tentec can probably supply a replacement crystal. If not International
Crystal Manufacturing or some other crystal maker surely can. What is
the frequency of the crystal? Sometimes you can find suitable crystals
in lists made for computer applications at places like Mouser
(www.mouser.com) and digi-key (www.digikey.com). Last I looked a couple
days ago there were Scout modules on epay. There's a slight chance of
soldering the lead back to the crystal, but they usually break flush to
the case and the strength of that is very small.

The crystal frequency should be stamped on the end of the crystal.

73, Jerry, K0CQ