Re: [TenTec] 4229 Tuner Balun Replacement?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 4229 Tuner Balun Replacement?
From: Scott Walker <richardscottw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:03:43 -0500
I have been enjoying all the feedback and comments on this subject.
I have decided to try this balun as an external add-on to my tuner,
since this will allow me to choose between it and the internal one
depending on the situation.  Since I already have run the twinlead
into the shack, I will use a PL-259 barrel connector to attach this
unit to one of the 4229 inputs, then connect the feedline right to it.
 That will make the leads from the two baluns to the tuner circuit
essentially the same length.  I can do some temperature comparisons
between the two baluns and see which seems more efficient.
73
-sw-