Re: [TenTec] WTB - Power Supply for a OMNI 6

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB - Power Supply for a OMNI 6
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:03:19 -0800
On 11/19/2010 11:08 AM, Don Jones wrote:
> Just picked up a OMNI 6, looking for the Ten Tec matching power supply.

I've never understood the importance of a "matching power supply."  Ten
Tec gear is quite well designed, and runs just fine from any decent
12-14VDC source. Anything from an Astron linear supply to a small supply
float-charging an auto battery. I've done both, but the latter is what
I've most often used.  I've run my Herc II from a couple of big Astrons,
and now from a 100A switching supply.  Some guys run theirs from a big
battery that's float-charged by a 30A Astron.

73, Jim K9YC